Start your weekend here
Information just for guests
So you’ve been invited to a wedding in the Red River Gorge…what next? Your first step should be to send back that RSVP card. After that, go ahead and book your lodging. We have a few of our favorite places listed below to make things easy for you.
Some things you should know about our venue before you arrive:
- Allow yourself extra time to get here. The scenic mountain roads are beautiful and winding, but you may not be able to drive as fast as you normally do, so allow for extra travel time.
- Our venue is non-smoking, but there are places outdoors where you can smoke. We do ask that cigarette butts be placed in receptacles provided to keep our space clean and prevent forest fires.
- Outside alcohol is strictly prohibited. As holders of a liquor license ourselves, we are not permitted to allow outside alcohol and this will be strictly enforced.
- Illegal drugs are strictly prohibited. (In KY this includes Marijuana).
- We have plenty of parking onsite. Simply follow the green signs and they will take you to the parking lots (Lot A & Lot B are clearly marked with signage). We ask that parking in the front drive of the building be reserved for handicap parking at the reception only, and that you please only park/drive in the gravel areas to help keep our grounds beautiful for everyone to enjoy.
- We are an outdoor and open air venue, so please dress comfortably for the weather and unpaved walking areas.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times. There are dangerous cliffs and local wildlife nearby that may not be safe for unsupervised children.
- Spend some time exploring all the Red River Gorge has to offer while you’re here! We are located near many local attractions and restaurants (listed below). If you need trail suggestions or insider tips on what to do, be sure to ask our friendly staff during the event. We are always happy to share!
Photo Credit Scarlett Michelle Photography
Several of the cabin rental companies listed below manage properties all over the Red River Gorge. Be sure to ask for lodging in either the Cliffview or Scenic Heights Developments or near Rogers, KY as that will ensure you are staying as close to us as possible.
Coming in 2022: New Cabins on the venue property! Stay tuned for updates!
- Cedar Creek Cottage- 3 minutes from the venue
- Canopy 7- On Venue Property
- Canopy 9- On Venue Property
- Red River Gorge Getaways
- Red River Gorge Cabins
- Red River Cabin Company
- Scenic Cabins
- Hemlock Lodge
- Stay Over Now
- Canopy Crew Treehouse Rentals
- Hemlocks Over Muir
- Grandma’s Farmhouse
- Peddler’s Fork Inn
- The General’s Cabin
- Wuthering Heights Chalet
- Woodpointe Log Cabin
- Mountain Chalet
- Middle Fork Lodge
- The Porch Place
- Moonlit Cabin
- The Birdhouse
- Muir Valley Vista
- Muir Valley Guesthouse
- Cardinal Landing
- Terrapin Station
- Scenic Sunset
- Bobcat Lodge
- Froggy Bottom Tiny House
- Large Home 8 minutes from the venue
- Magnolia Falls- 8 Minutes from the venue
Photo Credit Kevin & Anna Photography
OUR CLIENTS HAVE THE SWEETEST THINGS TO SAY
Absolutely the MOST beautiful venue I have ever been to. The ceremony site in the middle of the trees/woods, the views overlooking the Red River Gorge ridge line, the amazing barn and reception areas… I can go on and on! The owners, Liz & Skip, are some of the nicest people we have ever met, who clearly have a passion and talent for what they do. They put so much thought into making our day as personalized as we are, and went above and beyond anything we could have imagined. Their father even handmade all of the gorgeous wooden harvest tables that we had the pleasure of using for our reception! We could not have picked a more perfect venue to celebrate our wedding and are so grateful to have found this amazing place. ~Kacie S.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
The Venue Report: The Hottest New Venues Around The World In 2018
Featured In Green Wedding Shoes
Featured In Kentucky Bride Magazine
The Venue Report: Most Magical Forest Venues You’ll Want To Get Lost In 2019
Featured In Bridal Bliss Magazine
The Venue Report: The Most Beautiful Barn Venues of 2019
If you’re looking for a venue that is classic and yet natural and an experience that is as easy as checking into a five star hotel, you’re in the right place.
We value taking the time to get to know each couple and family that we work with. Our team genuinely cares about your overall experience, and that’s why we’ve created a space designed to reflect your individual style, honor our natural surroundings, and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy such a memorable day.
Photo Credit: Katch Silva
THE HEART BEHIND WHAT WE DO
Skip and Liz are the heart behind Hemlock Springs. They grew up visiting the Red River Gorge for weekend adventures with their families that ignited a lifelong love for the area and a passion for the outdoors.
Throughout their years of visits, they never happened to meet until the day a mutual friend set them up while rock climbing. They fell in love and decided to settle down in the place that drew them together- building the ceremony site for their own wedding.
Sharing their home and passion for such a special place with others on one of the most memorable days of their lives has brought them full-circle and allows them to preserve their piece of the Red River Gorge.
Photo Credit Kevin & Anna Photography
IT STARTED WITH A KISS
READY FOR MORE?
PACKAGES & PRICING
Whether you desire an intimate elopement, a ready-made pop up style wedding, or a multi-day celebration, we have a package for you. For guest lists of 10 to 150, we can easily accommodate your needs.
Photo Credit Katch Silva
BAR & BEVERAGE SERVICE
We make your bar service a breeze with our ready-made packages, or customize a package to suite your needs.
Photo Credit Lila Callie Photography